About Tdh UK
WHO WE ARE
Terre des hommes UK (Tdh UK) is a child rights charity promoting the rights of children and their families in over 40 countries worldwide. We were first registered with the Charity Commission in September 2016, reference 1169367, as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). In our short history, Tdh UK have built on Tdh’s institutional expertise on child rights in the vibrant UK international development space with key stakeholders for advocacy and funding, including UK Department for International Development (DFID) and Comic Relief.
We are part of the Swiss-based Terre des Hommes family, which is the largest non-governmental organisation (NGO) for children’s aid in Switzerland. Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a globally recognised & renowned actor for children’s rights. We bring 50 years+ experience implementing health, protection & emergency relief programmes worldwide. We engage and provide assistance to over four million children & their families in more than 40 countries annually.
- Improving the health of children under the age of five and of children in need of specialised medical care.
- Protecting migrant children.
- Preventing child exploitation.
- Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law.
- Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis.
OUR PROGRAMMES AND PROJECTS REVOLVE AROUND
- Children’s rights and their best interests.
- Creating a strong local presence with children, their families and communities.
- Establishing close cooperation and sustainability with local expertise.
- Constant improvement and innovation.
- Enhancing heath and protection systems in the long term.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Courage: We strive to make brave choices and to act with conviction and determination.
- Ambition: We aim to bring about positive, significant and lasting change in the lives of children and their communities.
- Respect: We favour an honest, responsible and open approach based on cooperation and acceptance of diversity.
- Commitment: We endeavour to act with humanity and professionalism with and around children, and to promote fairness and equality.